Fitness - Sinhgad Trekking Pune


Sinhgad Treeking in Pune

My photography:


Hi friends

I have never thought of creating any such blog and writing about such events.  This is very common one.

But actually I have to mention some names, events, timings and achievements.

Just to start Sinhgad Trekking is very popular in Pune and 100s of people goes over there during weekends since years.  There are daily visitors as well.  

For me to reach Sinhgad base area I need to travel to Katraj area nearly 28 km from my home, then another 10-12 km of village area, so total of 40 km from my home in Nigdi.

Cyclists goes there, Marathon practitioners goes there, bullet group goes there, family goes to watch natural beauty, trekkers and health conscious goes there.

I came across few health freaks as well who do two times between 6 am to 10 am, trekking of Sinhgad.

Sinhgad Fort is surrounded by forest. 

To reach at top of Sinhgad there are two ways
  • One for family, you can drive car that goes nearly 500 m away from the fort.
  • Second a 7 km track goes from the base of Sinhgad mountain, which makes a complete to-fro track of nearly 14 km
A fact before moving forward - Running for 21 km calls half marathon, 42 km full marathon and 84 km is ultra marathon.  Don't get confused I am not a runner :).

I am a lazy guy, but since one month, I too involved in trekking/sport/fitness.  My friend and colleague, Vikram Jawandal, who has transformed himself by running inspired me towards fitness.  Now he do 21 km marathon (Yes, he runs that long and top of it he completes it, and on top of it in 2:22 hour time).  Its been almost an year he joined group and learned all this.  Group mentor/teacher/coach is Karba Gaurav.

I don't know much details about Karba Gaurav Sir as haven't got chance to met him in-person, but heard much from Vikram.  Let me tell you couple of facts about Karba Gaurav Sir:

  • He is 42 km marathon runner, who is targeting for 84 km marathon.  
  • At the age near to 60, his time to finish 21 and 42 km marathon is better then most of youngsters and even with marginal gap time period.  Sir completes nearly 30 minutes before Vikram in easy fashion.
  • Most importantly, he has completed to-fro of Sinhgad trekking 21 times in a day.  Yes you guys read it correctly, its 21 times, which is 21 x 14 = 294 km in a day.  There are small shops while you go up for trekking in Sinhgad, nearly each and every shop keeper knows his name.    
Till now I have complete Sinhgad trekking two times with Vikram; I took time just marginally more than Vikram, its triple :).  I enjoyed it a lot.  Right now I got muscle injury and on break from trekking/sports etc.  But hope to be on track soon.

Have a healthy and fit life !!  


Comments